HomeCITY NEWS2 weeks after Curtorim declared containment zone

LATEST TRENDING

2 weeks after Curtorim declared containment zone

GOA: Two weeks after a Curtorim ward was declared as a containment zone, moves are afoot to open the area as no fresh cases have been detected in the locality in the last few days. Health department officials said that if none tests positive in another round of testing that will be conducted shortly, the South Goa district administration is likely to open the containment zone.

Certain parts of  ward II consisting of  Bhatti and Sandeul areas were declared as containment zone by the South Goa district collector on June 24. The areas extending from Jace wine shop to veterinary hospital junction, Jace wine shop to Regino Construction, Regino Construction to Government middle school, Bhatti, and Government middle school Bhatti to veterinary hospital junction, constitute the containment zone.

Meanwhile, Laurenco expressed his ire over Benaulim MLA Churchill Alemao visiting Curtorim earlier in the day and making a pitch for opening the containment zone. “Let Churchill first take up issues in his Benaulim constituency first. It’s clear he has become a BJP MLA now,” Laurenco said referring to Alemao’s claims of having spoken to the chief minister to open the Curtorim containment zone.

TRENDING

spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img